Terms and Conditions 2018
- All bookings will be confirmed within 24 hours via email (except Saturdays and Sundays).
- Students who need to receive original confirmations or visa support letters can request that documents be sent by express courier (at a surcharge, not refundable).
- Changes made prior to the student`s arrival will be accepted, subject to availability, at an additional charge of EUR 50.
- No tuition takes place on German public holidays. Lessons missed due to public holidays are not replaced/not refunded except one-to-one courses: Days missed will not be invoiced.
- GLS is not responsible for lessons cancelled due to force majeure.
- If a group course has less than 3 participants, GLS reserves the right to reduce tuition from 90 to 60 minutes per double lesson. During summer we reserve the right to schedule individual tuition in the afternoons.
- All complaints must be made to GLS Sprachenzentrum directly during the course in Berlin.
- This agreement shall be governed by the laws of Germany, and venue for any possible legal proceeding arising due to the administration of this agreement shall be in Berlin, Germany.
Upon final program confirmation, GLS will send an invoice by email. If you book your course more than 4 weeks in advance a down payment of 200 Euro is due. Full payment is due by the latest 4 weeks prior to course start and also, if a visa is needed. Payment must be sent without charges to beneficiary. Any bank fees deducted will be charged to the student directly upon arrival. Payment may be sent by wire transfers or by credit card:
a. Wire Transfer to:
GLS Sprachenzentrum Berlin
Inh. Barbara Jaeschke
SWIFT (BIC): HYVEDEMM488
IBAN: DE16 1002 0890 0356 4128 85
Account nr: 356412885
UniCredit Bank AG – HypoVereinsbank
sorting code 100 208 90
Bölschestr. 84 - 85; 12587 Berlin
b. Credit Card Payment: MasterCard, Visa
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Cancellations are accepted in written form only. GLS will make all refunds within 30 days ONLY to the person or agency that made payment. GLS will charge the following cancellation fees (1) (2):
- 2 weeks or more prior to arrival: 200 Euro cancellation fee, rest refunded
- Less than 2 weeks prior to arrival: 30% of the total amount as cancellation fee, but at least 200 Euro, rest refunded
- If a visa is rejected and you provide proof of the rejection (e.g. the visa refusal letter), GLS will refund the full amount except a) a handling fee of 200 Euro and b) the express courier fee if visa support documents were requested by express courier istead of standard mail.
- No refunds will be made after classes/programs begin with respect to tuition fees, placement fees (internship, high school) and junior summer camps.
- If adult students want to change accommodation arrangements after arrival, they must give GLS 2 weeks notice. All funds paid for accommodation after these 2 weeks will be refunded, less a handling fee of EUR 50. There are no refunds or accommodation changes on stays for 4 weeks or less.
- Refund policy in case of course interruptions:
If you´d like to interrupt your course and take a break, the following rules apply:
a) If you just take a day or two off, no problem. Just let your teacher know. There will be no refund or individual replacement for the days missed.
b) If you want to pause for a full week, i.e. MON - FRI (or 2 or 3 full weeks), please announce your break in the GLS office (!) at least 7 days in advance. If you announce your break at least 7 days in advance you can add the missed week(s) to your stay or get a respective credit note. Please note: This policy does not apply to high season (25 JUN - 26 AUG).
(1) For payments made by Credit Card (American Express, Visa, Mastercard): in addition to the cancellation fee, there is a credit card fee: 2.5% of the program fee, plus 19% VAT on the 2.5%
(2) Not valid for High School and University placements in Germany. Here the following cancellation fees apply: 4 weeks or more prior to arrival - 500 €, less than 4 weeks: 30 % of the total amount
By enrolling you accept our policies regarding students' rights to learn undisturbed.
- Please be on time. We don´t admit late comers 10 minutes after a class has started.
- Please attend regularly, so as not to impede a class's progress. An attendance of min. 80 % is prerequisite for receiving a GLS certificate.
- Applying to junior students in summer camps or high school programs:
a) GLS reserves the right to expel students for unacceptable behavior including but not limited to threatening other persons’ safety, breaking local law and not respecting curfew times, possession or consumption of illegal drugs and alcohol, smoking in restricted areas, deliberate damage to school property or place of accommodation. No refund will be given and the trip home is at students’ own expense.
b) Medical information: GLS must be provided with all relevant medical information prior to a student´s arrival. Any student arriving with a serious medical condition not previously reported and requiring extra care/extra supervision, may be sent home without any refund and at their own cost.
GLS is not responsible for accidents and illness of a student during the courses. In any case the liability of GLS is limited to the triple amount of the course fee for all damages.
Students are responsible for any and all damages they cause and must directly compensate the owner of the property involved. GLS offers a combined travel insurance package including comprehensive health, personal liability, accident, baggage insurance for damages incurred abroad (available at a surcharge, already included in junior summer camps).